ACHS-7121 Current Sensor Carrier -10A to +10A
This board is a simple carrier of Broadcom’s bidirectional ±10A ACHS-7121 Hall effect-based linear current sensor, which offers a low-resistance (~0.7 mΩ) current path and electrical isolation up to 3 kV RMS. This version accepts a bidirectional current input with a magnitude up to 10 A and outputs a proportional analog voltage (185 mV/A) centered at 2.5 V with a typical error of ±1.5%. It operates from 4.5 V to 5.5 V and is intended for use in 5 V systems.
This current sensor is a carrier board or breakout board for Broadcom’s ACHS-7121/7122/7123/7124/7125 Hall effect-based linear current sensors; we therefore recommend careful reading of the ACHS-7121/7122/7123 datasheet or ACHS-7124/7125 datasheet before using this product. The following list details some of the sensor’s key features:
- The conductive path internal resistance is typically 0.7 mΩ, and the PCB is made with 2-oz copper, so very little power is lost in the board.
- Use of a Hall effect sensor means the IC is able to electrically isolate the current path from the sensor’s electronics (up to 3 kV RMS), which allows the sensor to be inserted anywhere along the current path and to be used in applications that require electrical isolation.
- 80 kHz bandwidth that can optionally be decreased by adding a capacitor across the board pins marked “filter”.
- High accuracy and reliability: typical total output error of ±1.5% at room temperature with factory calibration, an extremely stable output offset voltage, and almost zero magnetic hysteresis.
- Robust sensor IC can tolerate 100 ms transient current spikes up to 100 A.
- Wide operating temperature range of -40°C to 110°C.
The pads are labeled on the bottom silkscreen, as shown in the picture to the right. The silkscreen also shows the direction that is interpreted as positive current flow via the +i arrow.
|Size:||0.7″ x 0.8″|
|Current sense:||0.185 V/A1|
|Minimum logic voltage:||4.5 V|
|Maximum logic voltage:||5.5 V|
|Supply current:||15 mA|
|Version:||-10A to +10A|
|PCB dev codes:||cs01a|
|Other PCB markings:||0J1214, blank white box|
- When Vcc is 5 V.