Magnetic Ring 5mm (3/16″) Rare Earth Magnet
This little beauty is a 5mm (3/16″) rare earth magnet ring. It is composed of Neodymium/Iron/Boron (NdFeB). These magnets are curiously strong and make for a great way to attach tools to a metal workbench, hold small children to a fridge, and as a trigger for reed switches. This one small ring can easily hold a piece of paper to your fridge.
These magnets are good for connecting PCBs together too. The rings are conductive and can act as a magnetic connector between widgets. You just need a way to secure the ring to the PCB (screws and rivets have been shown to work).
- Material: NdFeB, Grade N42
- Plating/Coating: Ni-Cu-Ni (Nickel)
- Magnetization Direction: Axial (Poles on Flat Ends)
- Weight: 0.00665 oz. (0.189 g)
- Pull Force: 1.48 lbs!
- Surface Field: 2275 Gauss
- Brmax: 13,200 Gauss
- BHmax: 42 MGOe
- Outside Diameter: 4.76mm (0.1875″)
- Internal Diameter: 1.59mm (0.0625″)
- Thickness: 1.59mm (0.0625″)