Rotary Potentiometer – 10k Ohm, Linear
An adjustable potentiometer can open up many interesting user interfaces.
Just give the pot a turn and the resistance changes.
This device works as a variable resistor. When you connect VCC to an outer pin, GND to the other, the center pin will have a voltage that varies from 0 to VCC depending on the rotation of the pot.
If you then hook the center pin to an ADC on a microcontroller and you get a variable input from the user which is pretty exciting!
- Resistance: 0 ~ 10K Ohm
- Resistance Tolerance: +- 20%
- Rotational Angle: 300° +- 10°
- Rotational Torque: 2 ~ 20mN.m (3kgf.cm)
- Rated Power: 150V AC
- Mounting Diameter: 6.0mm
- Insulation Resistance: more than 50MΩ at 500V DC
- Rotational Life: 15,000 cycles