GPS Receiver, 66 Channel, 10Hz, LS20031
The LS20031 GPS receiver is a complete GPS smart antenna receiver, that includes an embedded antenna and GPS receiver circuits. This low-cost unit outputs an astounding amount of position information 5 times a second.
This receiver is based on the proven technology found in the LOCOSYS 66 channel GPS SMD type receivers that use MediaTek chip solution.
The GPS smart antenna will track up to 66 satellites at a time while providing fast time-to-first-fix, one-second navigation updates, and low power consumption. It can provide you with superior sensitivity and performance even in urban canyon and dense foliage environments.
The capabilities of this GPS meet the sensitivity requirements of car navigation as well as other location-based applications.
- MediaTek MT3339 solution
- 5Hz output
- 57600bps TTL serial interface
- 3.3V @ 41mA
- 66 Channel GPS
- Fast TTFF at low signal level
- Up to 10Hz update rate
- Capable of SBAS (WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS)
- Built-in micro battery to preserve system data for rapid satellite acquisition
- LED indicator for fix or no fix
- The datasheet for this unit states that the update rate is configurable up to 10Hz but we’ve found that it is most reliable at the default rate of 5Hz.
- The new version of this module uses the MT3339 MTK chipset.
- The unit does not contain a connector, however, there are 5 bare pads you can solder to. Check out our tutorial on how to solder a right-angle 5-pin header to the pads. It’s easier than you might think.
- Hacking makes the world go ‘round, but be careful if you decide to flash some 3rd party firmware to this module because we cannot get the original for you. If 3rd party firmware breaks your device, according to the manufacturer, you’re on your own!