RGB Backlight 16×2 Character LCD – 5V Basic – SparkFun LCD-10862
This is similar to other 16×2 character LCDs that you’ve seen before but with one vibrant difference: The backlight is actually an RGB LED. This means that you can change the backlight of this display to any color you want by controlling the three backlight levels.
It also utilizes an extremely common parallel interface so code is freely available (check below for an Arduino example). You will need ~11 general I/O pins to interface to this LCD screen, plus an extra 3 pins for the RGB backlight.
- Driver Method: 1/16duty, 1/5bias, VDD5.0V VLCD4.5V
- Display Type: FSTN/Positive/Transflective/6:00 Visual Angle
- Operating Temp: -20°C~70°C/Storage Temp: -30°C~80°C
- Backlight Type: Edge/R,G,B
- Drvier: SPLC780D/4bit or 8bit MPU
- RoHS Compliant
LCD Pin Out:
- The backlight is controlled by pins 18, 17, and 16.