Triple Axis Accelerometer and Gyro Breakout, MPU-6050 – SparkFun SEN-11028
The MPU-6050 is a serious little piece of motion processing tech! By combining a MEMS 3-axis gyroscope and a 3-axis accelerometer on the same silicon die together with an onboard Digital Motion Processor™ (DMP™) capable of processing complex 9-axis MotionFusion algorithms, the MPU-6050 does away with the cross-axis alignment problems that can creep up on discrete parts.
This Sparkfun breakout board for the MPU-6050 makes this tiny QFN package easy to work into your project. Every pin you need to get up and running is broken out to 0.1″ headers, including the auxiliary master I2C bus which allows the MPU-6050 to access external magnetometers and other sensors (Tie these to Voltage Input with resistors 4.7K to 10K if not used – failure to do so will stop the sensor from working correctly).
MPU-6050 Breakout Features:
- I2C Digital-output of 6 or 9-axis MotionFusion data in rotation matrix, quaternion, Euler Angle, or raw data format
- Input Voltage: 2.3 – 3.4V
- Selectable Solder Jumpers on CLK, FSYNC, and AD0
- Tri-Axis angular rate sensor (gyro) with a sensitivity up to 131 LSBs/DPS and a full-scale range of ±250, ±500, ±1000, and ±2000dps
- Tri-Axis accelerometer with a programmable full-scale range of ±2g, ±4g, ±8g, and ±16g
- Digital Motion Processing™ (DMP™) engine offloads complex MotionFusion, sensor timing synchronization, and gesture detection
- Embedded algorithms for run-time bias and compass calibration. No user intervention required
- Digital-output temperature sensor
MPU-6050 Breakout Dimensions:
- Length: 25.5mm (1″)
- Width: 15.2mm (0.6″)
- Height: 2.48mm (0.09″)