Triple Axis Accelerometer Breakout – ADXL362 – SparkFun SEN-11446
We’ve been using and selling Analog Devices’ ADXL accelerometers for a good while now, and now we’ve found another great part in the series!
The ADXL362 is a complete 3-axis MEMS acceleration measurement system that operates at extremely low power consumption levels.
This device measures both dynamic acceleration, resulting from motion or shock, and static acceleration, such as tilt.
It’s simple to communicate with the ADXL362 over SPI and built-in digital logic even enables autonomous operation for “wake-on-shake” operation.
We think this is a really cool device, so we spun up a breakout board! Now you can add low-power-consumption motion sensing to your next project!
- 3-Axis: ±2, ±4, ±8g
- Ultralow Power
- SPI Digital Interface
- High Resolution: 1 mg/LSB
- Low Noise Down to 175 µg/vHz
- Wide Voltage Range: 1.6 V to 3.5 V
- Adjustable Threshold for Motion Activation
- Measurement Ranges Selectable via SPI Command
- Sensor Input
- Measurement Range: ±2, ±4, ±8g
- Cross Axis Sensitivity²: ±1.5%
- Output Resolution: 12 Bits (Each Axis)
- Sensitivity Calibration Error: ±10%
- Sensitivity at XOUT, YOUT, ZOUT
- 2g range: 1mg
- 4g range: 2mg
- 8g range: 4mg
- Output Data Rate (ODR): 12.5 ~ 400Hz (User selectable in 8 steps)
- Power Supply
- Operating Voltage Range (Vs): 1.6 ~ 3.5V
- I/O Voltage Range: 1.6V ~ VS
- Supply Current
- Normal operation: 1.8µA
- Low Noise Mode: 3.3µA
- Ultralow Noise Mode: 13µA
- Wake-Up Mode: 0.27µA
- Standyby: 0.01µA
- Turn-On-Time to standby: 5ms
- Turn-On-Time to Measurement Mode: 4/ODR
- Operating Temperature Range: -40 ~ +85°C