We will not send any unsolicited commercial email (also known as spam) to any email addresses and we have made a decision not to send out any newsletters.
We will need to collect the following information to process and fulfill your order, and to notify where applicable the status of your order: * your name * address * phone number * email address
We only require your phone number to contact you if a problem arises with your order.
We do not store or even see your Credit Card Details as these are processed by our Secure Payment partners, PayPal
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your consent
Our whole store is secured by SSL, not just the checkout pages. Google is pushing for all stores to have a "sitewide" SSL certificate and we agree that it will make the internet a safer place for online shoppers. This means you can browse our store with confidence.
Look for the green EV security certificate, registered to the company who own proto-pic.co.uk (Hot Solder Limited).
What are cookies and why do we use them?
Cookies are small pieces of information stored by your web browser to remember what action you have performed. There are various types of cookies that perform different actions such as remembering what items you have put in your shopping basket and identifying any errors with the site so we can resolve them.
Cookies cannot harm your computer and are only available to the website that originally set the cookie. Cookies are used in all e-commerce websites and are very important to enable the site to function properly.
- Remembering what is in your shopping basket
- Remembering how far through the checkout process you are
- Analysing website data information including estimating audience size and usage patterns
- Sharing pages such as facebook and twitter
Below we have details three categories of cookies we use on our website:
Sending Us an Email
- Strictly necessary cookies – These cookies are very important and are necessary for you to move about our website. They perform such functions as remembering your login details and remembering what is in your shopping basket. Without these cookies, the website would not work.
- Performance cookies – These cookies collect anonymous information on how customers are using our site. For example what pages you visit and if you experienced any errors. These cookies help us improve our website and the user experience for the customer
- Tracking cookies - These cookies enable us to see where customers are coming from i.e. did they arrive through a search engine or a marketing email
We are happy to answer any general, or technical queries via email, including, but not limited to: Stock levels, delivery due dates, technical assistance on design or implementation etc. However, we do NOT accept marketing or SEO emails of any kind and we reserve the right to charge the sender a sum of up to £1000 per email sent to us, regardless of content or intention. An invoice will be raised, with a 24-hour payment due time.
For more information on cookies visit www.allaboutcookies.org