12V Vacuum Pump, ideal for robotics! – Sparkfun ROB-10398
This pump operates at 12V and has enough suction for most small projects. This pump is also perfect for your robotics projects.
We love this 12v Vacuum Pump because of its versatility. This is why we’ve used it extensively for both hilarious office pranks and professional automation projects alike!
Make sure to connect the pump correctly, the red dot on the side of the pump shows the location of the positive terminal.
Connecting it up!
You’ll also need a decent 1A minimum 12V supply to drive this pump which you can connect to in a couple of ways:
- If you don’t mind losing the male barrel connector, simply chop it off using a pair of cutters, seperate the two wires and remove some of the insulation plastic using some wire strippers.
- Alternatively, if you want to keep that male barrel connector intact, simply pickup one of our female barrel connectors with screw terminals, then you can plug this supply in, and using some red and black hookup wire to connect to the rest of your project
Check out our excellent 12V vacuum pump videos below for more details.
- Part No.: D2028
- Free Flow Range: 12 ~ 15LPM
- Vacuum Range: 0 – 16″Hg (>350mmHg)
- Pressure Range: 0 – 32PSI (-70KPA ~ -220KPA)
- Standard Motor Voltage Options: 12V DC
- Power: 12W
- Motor Construction: Iron Core-Oil Bearing
- Diaphram Material Option: EPDM
- Operating Temperature Range: 0 ~ 50°C
- Life Expectancy: 500hrs
- Noise: 65db
12V Vacuum Pump Demonstration Video:
But can it pump water??? Sure thing, check this video out:
Coming-SOON!!!! – Proto-PIC now have a 30-meter long polytunnel, we’re creating an automated company garden complete with bar area and irrigation systems. We’ll be posting videos very soon!