BabyBuck Regulator Breakout, 3.3V, AP63203 – Sparkfun COM-18357
The SparkFun BabyBuck Regulator Breakout Board featuring the AP63203 from Diodes Inc., takes advantage of a 2A synchronous buck converter that has a wide input voltage range of 3.8V to 32V and is fully integrated 125mΩ high-side power MOSFET/68mΩ low-side power MOSFET to provide high-efficiency step-down DC/DC conversion. All of this snuggled up in a low-profile, TSOT26 package that’s integrated into a 0.4″ by 0.5″ board.
Unlike its sibling, the BabyBuck sacrifices power option flexibility for space. Don’t worry, though, because you can still use the plated through holes for input and output power. With some simple right-angle headers, you’ll be up and running in no time.
Frequency Spread Spectrum (FSS) reduces EMI and a proprietary gate driver scheme resists switching node ringing without sacrificing MOSFET turn-on and turn-off times, which further erases high-frequency radiated EMI noise.
- Low-Profile Footprint
- VIN 3.8V to 32V
- VOUT 3.3V
- Up to 2A Continuous Output Current
- 0.8V ± 1% Reference Voltage
- 22µA Ultralow Quiescent Current
- Switching Frequency – 1.1MHz
- Supports Pulse Frequency Modulation (PFM)
- Up to 80% Efficiency at 1mA Light Load
- Up to 88% Efficiency at 5mA Light Load
- Fixed Output Voltage – 3.3V
- Proprietary Gate Driver Design for Best EMI Reduction
- Frequency Spread Spectrum (FSS) to Reduce EMI
- Precision Enable Threshold to Adjust UVLO
- Protection Circuitry
- Overvoltage Protection
- Cycle-by-Cycle Peak Current Limit
- Thermal Shutdown
BabyBuck Regulator Breakout Documents:
Babybuck Regulator Product Video: