ESP32-C3 WROOM Module, 4MB, PCB Antenna (WRL-18034)
The Espressif ESP32-C3 is the next version of the popular ESP32 Bluetooth® and WiFi enabled module. This module features a single core, RISC-V-based processor with WiFi and Bluetooth LE 5.0 radios built into the SoC. The module features a PCB antenna and castellated plated pins for surface-mount soldering. This variation has 4 MB of on-board SPI flash and is the 85 °C temperature tolerant version.
The 32-bit core RISC-V microcontroller features a maximum clock speed of 160 MHz. With 22 configurable GPIOs, 400 KB of internal RAM and low-power-mode support, it can facilitate many different use-cases involving connected devices. The high-temperature support makes it ideal for industrial and lighting use-cases as well. The module is supported through Espressif’s open-source ESP-IDF making it easy to develop around.
WiFi and Bluetooth LE 5.0 with long-range (LR) support help building devices with great coverage and improved usability. ESP32-C3 continues to support Bluetooth LE SIG Mesh and Espressif WiFi Mesh. Furthermore, the solid RF performance of ESP32-C3 is sustained at a higher operating temperature.
Security is now a main feature of the ESP32 line. The ESP32-C3 ensures that the availability of features, such as the RSA-3072-based secure boot and the AES-128-XTS-based flash encryption, can be used to build connected devices securely. The innovative digital signature peripheral and the HMAC peripheral provide a secure device identity for applications. Hardware acceleration support for cryptographic algorithms ensures good performance for secure communication both in a local network and with the Cloud.
- ESP32-C3 embedded, 32-bit RISC-V single-core processor, up to 160 MHz
- 384 KB ROM
- 400 KB SRAM (16 KB for cache)
- 8 KB SRAM in RTC
- IEEE 802.11 b/g/n-compliant
- Center frequency range of operating channel:2412~2484 MHz
- Supports 20 MHz, 40 MHz bandwidth in 2.4 GHz band
- 1T1R mode with data rate up to 150 Mbps
- Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM)
- TX/RX A-MPDU, TX/RX A-MSDU
- Immediate Block ACK
- Fragmentation and defragmentation
- Transmit opportunity (TXOP)
- Automatic Beacon monitoring (hardware TSF)
- 4 × virtual Wi-Fi interfaces
- Simultaneous support for Infrastructure BSS in Station mode, SoftAP mode, Station + SoftAPmode, and promiscuous mode.
- Note that when the ESP32-C3 family scans in Station mode, the SoftAP channel will change along with the Station channel.
- Antenna diversity
- 802.11mc FTM
- Bluetooth LE: Bluetooth 5, Bluetooth mesh
- Speed: 125 Kbps, 500 Kbps, 1 Mbps, 2 Mbps
- Advertising extensions
- Multiple advertisement sets
- Channel selection algorithm #2
- remote control peripheral
- LED PWM controller
- general DMA controller
- TWAI® controller (compatible withISO 11898-1)
- temperature sensor
- SAR ADC
- 40 MHz crystal oscillator
- 4 MB SPI flash
- Operating voltage/Power supply: 3.0~3.6 VDC
- Operating ambient temperature: –40~85 °C (This is the 85 °C version module)
- Dimensions: (18.0 × 20.0 × 3.2) mm
- esp32-c3-wroom-02 (Datasheet)