Jrk 21v3 USB Motor Controller with Feedback (Fully Assembled) – Pololu 1394
The Jrk 21v3 is a versatile, general-purpose motor controller that supports a variety of interfaces, including USB. The broad operating range from 5 V to 28 V and continuous output current of 3 A (5 A peak) allow this board to control most small DC brushed motors. Analog voltage and tachometer (frequency) feedback options allow quick implementation of closed-loop servo systems, and a free configuration utility (for Windows) allows easy calibration and configuration through the USB port. A USB A to mini-B cable (not included) is required to connect this controller to a computer.
Key improvements over competing products and earlier Pololu motor controllers with feedback include:
- USB connectivity with emulated serial (COM) port allows direct motor control from a PC
- Ultrasonic PWM to eliminate switching-induced motor shaft hum or whine
- Robust, high-speed communication protocol with user-configurable error condition response
- High internal resolution (12 bits) for smooth and flexible calibration to various input and feedback devices
- Current sensing and limiting
- Reversed power protection
- Field-upgradeable firmware
This kit comes fully assembled with 0.1″ male header strips and terminal blocks pre-installed with and connections soldered.
Jrk 21v3 Motor Control Specifications:
|Control interface:||USB; non-inverted TTL serial;|
RC servo pulses; analog voltage1
|Minimum operating voltage:||5 V|
|Maximum operating voltage:||28 V|
|Continuous output current per channel:||3 A|
|Peak output current per channel:||5 A|
|Current sense:||0.5 V/A2|
|Maximum PWM frequency:||20 kHz|
|Minimum logic voltage:||4 V3|
|Maximum logic voltage:||5 V|
|Reverse voltage protection?:||Y|
Jrk 21v3 Motor Controller Dimensions:
- Size: 34.3 x 34.3 x 12.7 mm (1.35″ x 1.35″ x 0.5″)
- Weight: 6.5 g
- Mounting Hole Size: #2 (not included)
- Dimension Drawing for the Jrk 21v3 Motor Controller (pdf)
- User Guide for the Jrk 21v3 Motor Controller (pdf)
- Pololu USB Software Development Kit
- Jrk Motor Controller Windows Drivers and Software (release 121204) (5MB zip) – contains the installation files for the Configuration Utility, the Command-Line Utility and the Drivers for Windows Software for the Jrk Motor Controller.
- Jrk 21v3 Settings for Linear Actuators (txt) – text file of settings for the Jrk 21v3 motor controller for use with linear actuators.