The Raspberry Pi Camera Module V2.1 is perfect for home security applications or wildlife observation, connecting directly to your Pi the camera module is able to capture both full 1080p video and still images with the 8MP camera. Using the included ribbon cable, set-up is as simple as hooking the camera module up to the Pi via the Camera Serial Interface (CSI) port.
Size matters. The module is designed to be as small as possible allowing you more freedom and less fuss when installed in a project. Weighing a mere 3g, the board is around 25mm x 20mm x 9mm so it will even fit inside your Raspberry pi case/enclosure with ease! The camera features a native resolution of 8MP with a fixed focus lens. The camera is more than capable of 3280 x 2464 pixel static images, and also supports 1080p @30FPS, 720p @60FPS and 640x480p @90FPS videos.
Note: This Raspberry Pi Camera Module is only capable of taking pictures and video, not sound.
- Image Sensor: Sony IMX219
- Maximum Photo Resolution: 3280 x 2464 pixel
- Supported Video Resolution: 1080p @30FPS, 720p @60FPS and 640x480p @90FPS
- Physical Dimensions: 25mm x 23mm x 9mm
- Interface: CSI connector (15cm ribbon cable included)
- Supported OS: Raspbian (latest version recommended)
Raspberry Pi Camera Documents