Raspberry Pi Pico – One Tiny Fast Microcontroller
Following on from the success of the Pi boards, the foundation has introduced the Raspberry Pi Pico to the line-up. This is one ultra-low-cost, high-performance microcontroller board based around the RP2040 (silicon designed for and by Raspberry Pi)!
We stock two versions of the Raspberry Pi Pico, the board only, or the board with pre-soldered header pins.
Pi Pico is designed to be used as a surface mount module as well as being in Dual Inline Package (DIP) type format, with the 40 main user pins on a 2.54mm (0.1″) pitch grid with 1mm holes and hence compatible with Veroboard and breadboard. We’ve put a header kit together too if you want to install in a different configuration.
Raspberry Pi Pico Features:
- RP2040 microcontroller chip by Raspberry Pi
- Dual-core ARM Cortex M0+ processor, the flexible clock running up to 133 MHz
- 264kB of SRAM, and 2MB of onboard Flash memory
- Castellated PCB footprint for soldering directly to carrier boards
- USB 1.1 Host and Device support
- Low-power sleep and dormant modes
- Drag & drop programming using mass storage over USB
- 26 multi-function GPIO pins
- 2×SPI, 2×I2C, 2×UART, 3×12-bit ADC, 16×controllable PWM channels
- Accurate clock and timer on-chip
- Temperature sensor
- Accelerated floating-point libraries on-chip
- 8×Programmable IO (PIO) state machines for custom peripheral support
Raspberry Pi Pico Board Layout and PinOut:
Raspberry Pi Pico Dimensions:
The Raspberry Pi Pico is a single-sided 51 x 21mm 1mm thick PCB with a micro-USB port overhanging the top edge and dual castellated/through-hole pins around the remaining edges. Pico has 4x 2.1mm (+/- 0.05mm) drilled mounting holes to provide for mechanical fixing.
- PCB Length: 51mm
- PCB Width: 21mm
- PCB Thickness: 1mm
- dimensions are in MM
Raspberry Pi Pico Schematic Drawing:
Raspberry Pi Pico Documents:
- Raspberry Pi Pico Datasheet
- RP2040 Datasheet (Microcontroller)
- Raspberry Pi Pico Schematic
- Raspberry Pi Pico step (Mechanical)