Bluetooth Mate Silver for Arduino Pro and Lilypad – SparkFun WRL-12576
The Bluetooth Mate is very similar to our BlueSMiRF modem, but it is designed specifically to be used with our Arduino Pros and LilyPad Arduinos. These modems work as a serial (RX/TX) pipe and are a great wireless replacement for serial cables. Any serial stream from 2400 to 115200bps can be passed seamlessly from your computer to your target.
Bluetooth Mate has the same pinout as the FTDI Basic and is meant to plug directly into an Arduino Pro, Pro Mini, or LilyPad Mainboard. Because we’ve arranged the pins to do this, you cannot directly plug the Bluetooth Mate into an FTDI Basic board (you’ll have to swap TX and RX).
The RN-42 is perfect for short-range, battery-powered applications. The RN-42 uses only 26uA in sleep mode while still being discoverable and connectable. Multiple user-configurable power modes allow the user to dial in the lowest power profile for a given application. If you need a longer range, check out the Bluetooth Mate Gold.
Bluetooth Mate Silver Features:
- v6.15 Firmware
- Designed to work directly with Arduino Pro’s and LilyPad mainboards
- FCC Approved Class 2 Bluetooth Radio Modem!
- Low power consumption: 25mA avg
- Hardy frequency hopping scheme – operates in harsh RF environments like WiFi, 802.11g, and Zigbee
- Encrypted connection
- Frequency: 2.402~2.480 GHz
- Operating Voltage: 3.3V-6V
- Serial communications: 2400-115200bps
- Operating Temperature: -40 ~ +70C
- Built-in antenna
- Board Length: 44.5mm (1.75″)
- Board Width: 16.5mm (0.65″)
- The hardware reset pin of the RN-42 module is broken out on the bottom side of the board. This pin is mislabeled as ‘PIO6’, it is actually PIO4. Should you need to reset the Mate, pull this pin high upon power-up, and then toggle it 3 times.
- The Bluetooth Mate has onboard voltage regulators, so it can be powered from any 3.3 to 6VDC power supply. We’ve got level shifting all set up so the RX and TX pins on the remote unit are 3-6VDC tolerant. Do not attach this device directly to a serial port.