The waterproof chrome-plated metal pushbuttons from Adafruit look fantastic as well as being tough enough to withstand the high amount of punishment you plan to put them through! A colored plastic LED ring surrounds the flat actuator on the front of the button. Using a built-in resistor, the LED will light when connected to 3 to 6V. These PushButtons can be fitted into place easily by drilling a 16mm hole into any material up to 0.5″ thick, the rubber gasket will keep water out of the enclosure completely! For higher voltage circuits, around 12 to 24V, remember to use a 470R resistor to keep the current nice and low!
This button is a momentary push button, when you press it the ‘normally-open’ contact shorts to the common contact. When you release it, the contacts open up again.
The switch and LED are separated, so you could wire it to turn on when pressed or vice versa or whatever you wish! Check the tech details for information!
Waterproof Metal PushButton Technical Specifications
- Drill hole diameter: 16mm
- Switch rating: 3A / 250VDC
- Switch contacts: 1 NO, 1 NC
- Material: Chrome plated brass
- Contact resistance: < 50 mOhm
- Insulation resistance: > 1000 Mohm
- Temperature: -20 C to +55 C
- Mechanical life: > 500,000
- Electrical life: > 50,000
- Panel thickness: 1-13mm
- Operating pressure: 1.5 – 2.5 N
- Operating stroke: 2mm
- Lamp rated voltage: 6V
- PushButton Type – Momentary