Arduino Mega 2560 Rev3 – A000067
The Arduino Mega 2560 is a microcontroller board based on the ATmega2560. It has 54 digital input/output pins (of which 14 can be used as PWM outputs), 16 analog inputs, 4 UARTs (hardware serial ports), a 16 MHz crystal oscillator, a USB connection, a power jack, an ICSP header, and a reset button. It contains everything needed to support the microcontroller; simply connect it to a computer with a USB cable or power it with an AC-to-DC adapter or battery to get started. The Mega is compatible with most shields designed for the Arduino Uno, Duemilanove, or Diecimila.
Additional features coming with the R3 version are:
- ATmega16U2 instead of the 8U2 USB-to-Serial converter.
- 1.0 pinout: added SDA and SCL pins for TWI communication placed near to the AREF pin and two other new pins placed near to the RESET pin, the IOREF that allow the shields to adapt to the voltage provided from the board and the second one is a not connected pin, that is reserved for future purposes.
- stronger RESET circuit.
Arduino Mega Technical Specifications:
- Microcontroller: ATmega2560
- Operating Voltage: 5V
- Input Voltage (recommended): 7 ~ 12V
- Input Voltage (limits): 6 ~ 20V
- Digital I/O Pins: 54 (of which 14 provide PWM output)
- Analog Input Pins: 16
- DC Current per I/O Pin: 40 mA
- DC Current for 3.3V Pin: 50 mA
- Flash Memory: 256 KB of which 8 KB used by bootloader
- SRAM: 8 KB
- EEPROM: 4 KB
- Clock Speed: 16 MHz
If you want to give a closer look at this board we advise you to visit the official Arduino Mega 2560 page in the Hardware Section.