CD DVD Spindle Motor, Mabuchi Rf-300f-123505 9v 24x12mm
This is a DVD/CD Spindle Motor. It is that thing that’s inside a CD or DVD player, that turns the disc around really fast. These motors have some great benefits that make them easier to use than ‘130’ style DC hobby motors
- For one, they’re mostly flat on the end, so you can tape or glue them to a flat surface easily.
- They are well balanced, don’t vibrate a lot which makes them nice and quiet compared to most other motors (they’re not totally silent)
- They spin fast, about 3500 RPM at full power – can PWM the motor driver to reduce speed
- 20 mA free-running current, 400mA stalled.
- The motor is rated at 5.9V max. You can use 3V to 6V DC, the speed and torque may vary
- They’ve already got a plastic hub on em, so it’s super easy to attach whatever you like
It is a motor, so you’ll need a motor driver to control it.
- Rf-300f-123505 (Datasheet)