FLIR Lepton 2.5 – Thermal Imaging Module
The FLIR Lepton® 2.5 Thermal Imaging Module is a radiometric-capable long wave infrared (LWIR) camera solution that is small enough to fit inside a smartphone, and is less expensive than traditional IR cameras.
With a focal plane array of 80×60 active pixels, this Lepton easily integrates into native mobile-devices and other electronics as an IR sensor or thermal image sensor.
The radiometric Lepton captures accurate, calibrated, and non-contact temperature data in every pixel.
- Effective Frame Rate: 8.6 Hz (commercial application exportable)
- Input Clock: 25-MHz nominal, CMOS IO Voltage Levels
- Output Format: User-selectable 14-bit, 8-bit (AGC applied), or 24-bit RGB (AGC and colorization applied)
- Pixel Size: 17 µm
- Radiometric Accuracy: High gain: Greater of +/- 5°C or 5% (typical) Low gain: Greater of +/- 10°C or 10% (typical)
- Scene Dynamic Range: -10-140 °C (high gain); up to 450°C (low gain) typical
- Spectral Range: Longwave infrared, 8 µm to 14 µm
- Temperature Compensation: Automatic. Output image independent of camera temperature.
- Thermal Sensitivity: <50 mK (0.050° C)
- Video Data Interface: Video over SPI
- Control Port: CCI (I2C-like), CMOS IO Voltage Levels
- Package Dimensions – Socket Version (w x l x h): 11.8 x 12.7 x 7.2 mm
- Mechanical Interface: 32–pin socket interface to standard Molex® socket
- Non-Operating Temperature Range: -40 °C to +80 °C
- Optimum Temperature Range: -10°C to +80°C
- Shock: 1500 G @ 0.4 ms
- Array format: 80 × 60, progressive scan
- FOV – Diagonal: 63.5°
- FOV – Horizontal: 50° (nominal)
- Image Optimization: Factory configured and fully automated
- Non-Uniformity Correction (NUC): Automatic with shutter
- Sensor Technology: Uncooled VOx microbolometer
- Solar protection: Integral
- Input Supply Voltage: 2.8 V, 1.2 V, 2.5 V to 3.1 V IO
- Power Dissipation: 150 mW (operating), 650 mW (during shutter event), 4 mW (standby)