The SparkFun BME680 Environmental Sensor is a combination of a gas sensor with humidity, temperature and barometric pressure sensing all on one simple breakout board, providing you with a full environmental sensing set-up! The BME680 gas sensor has the capability to detect a vast array of volatile organic compounds (or VOC ) to monitor air quality indoors. Working in tandem with the precise temperature, humidity, and barometric pressure sensors the BME680 will work as your one-stop solution to a completely standalone environmental sensor all in a 1″ x 1″ breakout!
Able to communicate via I2C or SPI, SparkFun have broken out the I2C pins to their Qwiic system. Therefore no soldering will be required to connect it to the rest of your qwiic system. However, if you prefer, both the I2C and SPI pins are also broken out to standard 0.1in.-spaced pins.
Note: Getting an accurate indoor air quality (IAQ) reading from the BME680 is not a simple task. To make life easier we suggest you use Bosch’s BSEC Software in conjunction with this part.
The SparkFun Qwiic connect system is an ecosystem of I2C sensors, actuators, shields and cables that make prototyping faster and less prone to error. All Qwiic-enabled boards use a common 1mm pitch, 4-pin JST connector. This reduces the amount of required PCB space, and polarized connections mean you can’t hook it up wrong.
- Uses I2C interface (Qwiic-enabled)
- I2C Addresses: 0x77 (Default) or 0x76
- 2x Qwiic Connectors
- Operating voltage range
- 1.71V – 3.6V
- Typically 3.3V if using the Qwiic cable
- Relative humidity
- Operating range: 0% to 100%
- Absolute Accuracy: ±3%RH
- Resolution: ±0.008%RH
- Operating range: -40°C to +85 °C
- Absolute Accuracy: ±0.5°C to ±1.0°C
- Resolution: 0.01°C
- Operating range: 300hPa – 1100hPa
- Relative accuracy: ±12Pa (25°C to 40°C @ constant RH)
- Absolute accuracy: ±60Pa (0°C to 65°C)
- Resolution: 0.18PA, highest oversampling
- Resolution of gas sensor resistance: 0.05% to 0.11%
- Typical current consumption (varies based on mode and active sensor)
- 2.1µA to 18mA
- 0.15 µA (sleep mode)